Cool Stack is a collection of optimized applications like Apache, PHP, MySQL and so on that work seamlessly out of the box. The new 1.2 version also includes lighttpd, and it is SMF integrated.
- CSKamp. This package is now comprised of 3 packages: CSKapache2, CSKphp5 and CSKmysql32 for a more flexible installation. The 3 components are pre-configured to work together. The MySQL included in this package is a 32-bit version with client-side support to work with PHP. For the database server, we recommend the CSKmysql package which is a 64-bit version, allowing the use of larger caches to deliver improved performance for large databases. However, on smaller systems you can use the 32-bit MySQL in this (CSKamp) package for the database server.
- CSKruntime. New! This package containes core libraries used by many of the other packages and should be installed first.
- CSKmysql. This package includes a 64bit version of MySQL5 and is built with innodb. See the README file in the mysql install directory for details.
- CSKperl. This package includes Perl 5. In addition to being better optimized, CSKperl includes several perl extensions used by popular applications.
- CSKphplibsbundle This package consists of libraries required by various PHP extensions and is made up of 3 packages: CSKtds, CSKncurses, CSKphplibs
- CSKmemcached. This package includes memcached, a distributed object cache system.
- CSKruby. This package includes ruby, rubygems and rails.
- CSKsquid. This package includes Squid Web Proxy Cache.
- CSKtomcat. This package includes Apache Tomcat which is a pure Java application. It is provided for convenience as it is no different from the one on tomcat.apache.org.
- CSKlighttpd. New! This package includes lighttpd, the increasingly popular, light-weight http server.
Post a Comment