OpenSolaris Project Indiana has released an installable LiveCD. It is available for download at:
Features included in the release:
- The Caiman installer which is a project to rework the Solaris installer for current and future requirements
- ZFS (boot) as the default filesystem
- Gnome 2.20
- Image packaging system (IPS), with capabilities to pull packages from network repositories
- Integrated GNU tools (in $PATH, default shell is bash, etc).
- Live Media, to support running Solaris directly from non-disk media such as DVD or flash memory. You can install from the Live Media.